The Drive for the Flottweg Separator
Power from the motor is carried by a drive belt to the bowl spindle unit.
How the Separator Drive Works
The compact spindle drive developed by Flottweg is a particular feature. The compact spindle has rubber elements for bearings to ensure low-vibration, well-damped running. Force is transmitted through a heavy-duty belt drive. The drive motor is controlled by a frequency inverter, permitting a continuously adjustable bowl speed, smooth start-up, and power recovery during braking.
The operating speed is controlled from a display on the screen of the control system. Measured values are determined using the frequency inverter and pulse sensor (initiator).
The Advantages of the Flottweg Separator Drive
- Reduced start-up current, rapid achievement of operating speed.
- Flexible adaptation to a wide variety of product requirements due to simple, variable speed control
- Simple service, low-wear drive concept
- Fast, smooth reacceleration after solids ejection
- This results in lower power consumption and reduced mechanical load on the system
- Standard drive motors, thus high availability
The Flottweg-developed compact spindle drive ensures low-vibration, well-damped running.
More Separator Features
Would you like to learn more about our process solutions?
Talk to us or write us!