The Flottweg Sedicanter® For Soft SedimentThe Decanter Centrifuge For Soft Sediment
Flottweg produces a special decanter centrifuge for soft sediment. The Flottweg Sedicanter® separates solids from liquids. The special feature: the solids consist of a sediment with properties ranging between soft and fluid.
A solid with properties ranging between soft and fluid is difficult to process using a standard decanter. Only the patented Flottweg Sedicanter® achieves an optimum result. It achieve the best possible separation precision even with fluctuating feed amounts - thanks to its adjustable impeller.
The Sedicanter® combined the advantages of a separator and a decanter. It clarifies the suspension similarly to how a separator does, i.e. it achieves an optimally clarified centrate. At the same time - like a decanter - it processes a large amount of solid material in the feed and achieves a dry solid in the outfeed.
Applications Of The Sedicanter®
Typical applications for the Sedicanter® are "soft products" comprising a soft sediment:
- Yeast suspensions
- Protein suspensions
- Fermentation broths
- UF retentates
- CIP cleaning fluids
- Activated sludges free from coarse materials
- Fruit juice byproducts
- Soap separation from oil refining processes
- Vegetable raw materials
Typical Applications Of The Sedicanter®:
- Soy milk: separation and clarification of soya milk and okara
- Clarification of sugar syrup
- Separation and concentration of algae
- Industrial biotechnology (vitamins, enzymes)
- Solid separation from waste in the wheat starch process
- Spent wash (thin stillage)
- Beer recovery from surplus yeast
- Fat fractionation
The Flottweg Sedicanter®: Special Technical Features
- Separation of solids that are extremely difficult to separate by sedimentation, by acceleration at up to 10000 x g
- Hygienic design, thereby allowing applications in biotechnology
- Available with the tried-and-tested Flottweg Simp-Drive®
- Flexibility with fluctuating composition of the feed product by the adjustable impeller
- Gas-tight operation is possible by sealing the separation space off from the ambient air using inert gas.
The Flottweg Sedicanter® - Your Guarantee Of Success
Flottweg has been building the Sedicanter® for 20 years now. We offer you a wealth of experience and numerous well-known references all over the world. Our Sedicanter® machines are particularly characterised by their performance, high quality and durability.
Benefit from our knowledge of the decanter centrifuge and call for advice from our experts. We offer you extensive expertise and tailor-made systems.
2300x800x800 / 7,54x2,59x2,46
1010 / 2222
3.200x1000x1200 / 10,56x3,28x3,94
2400 / 5280
4500x1800x1300 / 14,89x5,81x4,17
8250 / 18150