Flottweg Differential Speed
There is a differential speed between the decanter bowl and the decanter scroll (created by the gear unit). This is required in order to transport the solid particles that collect on the bowl inner diameter using the decanter scroll. As a result, the differential speed determines how long the solid material remains in the bowl.
The Differential Speed - Additional Functions
The differential speed is also decisive for the time that the solid material remains in the decanter centrifuge, and the compression that it undergoes. It is important and necessary to be able to set the differential speed variably, because changing product properties in the feed lead to differing conditions, and thus it is possible to keep the total dry solids of the solid at an optimum level. Consequently, adapting the differential speed means that the best possible product result can be achieved. In modern decanter drives, the differential speed adjusts automatically to the load condition in the machine.
Controllable Differential Speed and Its Advantages
- The differential speed makes it possible to keep the solid in the bowl for the ideal length of time
- Optimum dewatering with fluctuating feed conditions
- Optimum setting of the total dry solids that can be achieved
- Protection against overload and blockage
- Variably adjustable differential speed in order to be able to react to an extremely wide range of requirements (product properties in the feed).