Flottweg Soft Shot® Discharge System
Flottweg Expertise With The Separator
A separator from Flottweg is equipped with the Soft Shot® discharge system. This solid discharge system allows precise combinations of partial and full discharges, as required. Depending on the products to be processed and the consistency of the solid, adapting the discharge type allows an optimum operating method. The separator is operated and controlled using a simple and self-explanatory menu system with a PLC. Soft Shot® makes hardly any noise, which means a Flottweg separator can be used in production rooms where no special or additional acoustic protection measures are required.
The outfeed of separated solid takes place via outlet openings in the bowl. These are closed by a vertically moving piston valve during the separation or clarification process. The opening and closing movements of the piston valve are hydraulically monitored by the control water.
But What Does Partial Or Full Discharge Actually Mean?
In a partial discharge, only part of the content of the solids space is discharged. The product supply is not interrupted in this case. The discharge quantity can be varied simply by changing the parameters on the operating unit. The opening time is a matter of tenths of a second.
A full discharge involves emptying the entire content of the bowl. The product supply is closed in this case. Use of suitable displacement liquids prior to the actual discharge makes it possible to avoid losses of product fluid.
The Flottweg Separator - Quality At The Highest Level
The solids discharge can take place:
- based on a time program (set according to the owner's experience with in-house operation)
- by means of a corresponding measuring device (e.g. turbidity meter) according to the product
- by the operator and independently from the program (manually by keyboard/control cabinet)
The Flottweg Soft Shot® Discharge System And Its Advantages
- Solid discharge operations that make hardly any noise
- Precise partial or full discharges in any combination for maximum product yield
- Reduced wear on the highly loaded components
- Reduced number of bowl seals
- Meet an extremely wide range of customers' requirements because of variable control of the separator
The Separator From Flottweg
The Flottweg separator with Soft Shot® discharge system is available in the following configurations:
- Clarifier separator: for continuous separation of solids from liquids
- Clarifier separator with hydrohermetic system: For clarification of products that are susceptible to oxidation
- Purifier: for separation of three-phase mixtures comprising two immiscible liquid phases and one solid phase